Thu 20 Jul 2006
Saturday, July 22nd’s RDU Barcamp should be a yearly highpoint for the Triangle tech community.
As local social justice activist (and newly minted groom) BrianR, over at Yesh.com, observes, UNC’s Fred Stutzman has gone above and beyond planning what promises to be an incredible tech unconference
Fred Stutzman has a written a wonderful post called Advice for Planning a Bar Camp. It contains a lot of excellent info about how to plan an unconference. In this case doing it BarCamp style. The RDU BarCamp is this Saturday July 22. (Congratulations Fred for pulling this off. I’m sure the event will be a huge success!)
and documented how to put together such a beast.
Excellent way to wag the long tail Fred!
- Red Hat – Red Hat is providing the BarCampRDU venue.
- Lulu.com – Lulu is helping to sponsor our pre-BarCamp activities.
- 6th Sense Analytics – 6th Sense Analytics sponsored the BarCampRDU T-shirts.
- The Aurora Funds – The Aurora Funds sponsored breakfast, snacks and materials
- rPath – rPath sponsored the lunch session at BarCampRDU.
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development – CED is helping to sponsor our pre-BarCamp activities.
- Blogads – Blogads is helping to sponsor our pre-BarCamp activities.
- Ibiblio.org – Listserv hosting and technical help.
- Pragmatic Programmers – The Pragmatic Programmers are donating their excellent books to be given away at BarCampRDU.
- Manning Publications – Manning Publications has kindly donated books to be given away at BarCampRDU
- Larry’s Beans – Larry’s Beans has donated the BarCampRDU coffee beans!
- Tackle Design – Tackle Design is generously providing the single most important BarCampRDU item: the coffee machines!
Friday night there’s a soiree at Tyler’s Tap room in the American Tobacky Shed over in Durham – 7pm and on…