Tue 18 Sep 2007
Be the First to Comment
The Rogers-Eubanks Coalition to End Environmental Racism, a coalition of the
- Chapel Hill -Carrboro Branch of the NAACP
- Environmental Justice Network
- West End Revitalization Association
- Women’s International League of Peace and Freedom
- Orange County Progressive Democrats
- and members of UNC-CH Faculty, Students, and Staff
are calling for folks to turn out at the Thursday, Sept. 20th Joint Assembly of Governments Meeting, 7:30pm at the Southern Human Services Center [MAP]
Support the Residents of the Landfill Neighborhoods*
at the Joint Assembly of Governments Meeting (Orange Co., Hillsborough, Carrboro and Chapel Hill)
• No to the proposed transfer station
• Shut down the stinking landfills
• Safe water hookups
• Safe and cheap sewer services
Improve the quality of life for Landfill Neighborhoods.*
Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 7:30 p.m.
Southern Human Services Center
2501 Homestead Road, Chapel Hill
*The predominantly Black neighborhoods along Rogers Road and parts of Eubanks Road were seen as politically impotent to stop the placement of stinking landfills and other waste products of the more powerful white residents in the recent past. This is called Environmental Racism.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What issues does the Rogers Road community want addressed?
Here’s a quick overview from some of my posts covering our neighbors continuing plight:
- Is the Rogers Road Community Worth $53,000?
- Rogers Road: Unify the Community With A Back To School Bash
- Trash Talk: I Like Vinegar on My BBQ
- Trash Talk: Systematic is the New Watchword
- Trash Talk: Do You Have A Minute? How About 17 Years Worth? [selected minutes over 17 years documenting the continued inability of our local governments to deal with the Rogers Road community’s issues]
- Trash Talk: March 13ths Board of Commissioners Review
- Trash Talk: If Not Eubanks, Where?
- Trash Talk:Media Steps Up to the Plate
- Trash Talk: SqueezeThePulp Led Online
- Trash Talk:Aarne Vesilinds History[good historical overview]
- Trash Talk: Promises Unmet
- Trash Talk: The Ticking Clock
- Trash Talk: Mayor Chilton’s Letter
- 2035: Orange County’s Garbage Center of Gravity
- Rogers Road Trashed Again? Carrboro Board of Alderman Weigh In
- Trashing the Rogers Road Community, Again!
- Rogers Road: Mapping Out the Future
- Rogers Road Small Area Plan, It’s About Time…
Hat tip to OrangePolitics.